1. Wand: Yes, this is a wand; Fred Weasley’s wand, in case you were interested in specifics. I am completely obsessed with Harry Potter, and mourn the loss of Fred to this day.
2. Notebook: When my Hogwarts acceptance letter didn’t come, I realized I had to come up with my own way to make magic.
3. Paint: Confession time, I’m not much of a painter. I mean, I’m not horrible, but my work will not be featured in the Met anytime soon. However, I do love to experiment with different mediums. I dabble in painting, hand lettering, illustration, watercolors, paper art, and a million other things.
4. Snow globes: This is my snow globe collection. When I travel somewhere that I love, I buy a snow globe to add to my collection. My goal is to be that crazy snow globe lady.
5. Coffee: I’m at three cups a day and counting. Tea’s pretty good too, though.
6. Typewriter: Meet my fictional typewriter, much to my regret, I don’t actually have a typewriter (but if I did it would definitely be pink). I’m a published author and I write fantasy novels in my spare time. I love telling stories, I love taking people to a new world that exists only in my head. For me, reading and art are very closely related. When I read a story, I see it play out in my head and the visuals of the characters, the scenery, and the magic are all at my discretion.
1. Ski Googles: I competed in the 1998 Olympics in Japan in Alpine Skiing and won gold. I stay humble as this is total lie, but I am big fan of skiing.
2. Flask: My drink of choice is vodka, I’ve found it can cure a myriad of ailments.
3. “A Long Way Down”: Nick Hornby is one of my all-time favorite authors.
4. Mario Kart 64: If there was a professional Mario Kart 64 league, I’d be first draft.
5. Nail Polish: When I was a little girl, my dream job was naming nail polish colors. As I grew up, I figured being a copywriter was the next best gig.
6. Koozie: There is a 98.7% chance that at any given moment, I have a koozie in my bag. Hey, you never know when you’re going to need it, plus who digs a warm brew?
7. “Born in the USA” Album: I might be the biggest Springsteen fan you’ve ever met, seriously. I could go on about the music, my power ranking of his songs, and my dream to do the “1,2,3,4” countdown with him on stage forever.
8. Fucking Brilliant: This notebook is actually a family heirloom and contains a firsthand account – written by my Nana in perfect cursive – of how my grandparents met and their plan to elope. Ha, fooled ya – but I do like to write things down.